Organizing Your Refrigerator~Refrigerator Storage Tips
Refrigerator Storage Tips - What You Need to Know
Organizing your refrigerator is a good way to make things go smoother. You will save time by not having to grope through a whole bunch of foodstuff, when you are looking for something in particular. It is also much easier to tell when you are running low or are out of any item, if it has a home in a well-organized fridge. An organized fridge also ensures that you or your family members are not eating very old food items stored since you bought them six months ago!
If you are confused as to how to organize your fridge, you can take a leaf from the category of certified kitchens, where refrigerators are organized with a view to storing food safely and placing various kinds of dishes according to their cooking temperatures. From top to bottom, you can find pre-cooked food that can be served either cold or re-heated, whole cuts of fish, meat - in chunks or ground, poultry items such as chicken, duck, etc, in the bottom storage spaces. Moreover, food items and spaces available in the refrigerators are labeled for easy access, which help in identifying what is out of stock at a glance without having to search.
Adopt a similar method or organizing food items in your refrigerator. Store items such as drinks, ready-to-eat foods and beverages on the upper shelves of the fridge, jars and bottles should, ideally be stored in the door shelves. Use the drawers located at the bottom of the refrigerator to store fruits and vegetables. These drawers are meant to store items such as raw produce at the optimal humidity required for such items. Some very helpful tips to organize your refrigerator in an orderly system are listed below:
HOME ORGANIZATION: FRIDGE ORGANIZATION PLUS FOOD PREP TIPS
Raw meat should never be kept above raw produce
Use the lowest drawer to place raw meat, poultry and fish
A weekly regime of cleaning out the spaces holding raw meat and similar items is a must, since, this will keep the dangers of rotting and contamination at bay
Identify and label the different containers and shelves in the refrigerator, to store food items of a similar kind together
When putting back food and beverages, ensure they go back into their rightful spaces
Spend some time today, taking a good look at the insides of your stuffed refrigerator. Use the suggestions and tips mentioned here, to remove all contents of the fridge and place them back in a neat and organized manner. Making this a habit, will not only ensure that the food in the fridge remains fresh and safe, but is also easy to access and give you ample warning of when you will need to replenish items that are running low or have already been used completely.
Renata Lavlor writes about housekeeping and other home improvement tips as a staff writer for HowToDoThings.com.
Cloisonne enamel vases are some of the most beautiful vases in the world. In this article we are going to discuss how you can use cloisonne enamel vases in home decor. There are plenty of ways to use these vases to make your home look more beautiful.
Due to the specific design of these vases, they can be used in a variety of ways to brighten up certain sections of your home. We are going to specifically focus on three different sections: your kitchen, your living room and dining room and your home office.
If you have a lot of clutter on your walls when it comes to kitchen utensils, you can use your cloisonne enamel vases to clear it all up. Take off all of your utensils from the wall (that can be a horrible design flaw of your kitchen) and put all of the utensils in the vase. It will clear up any clutter in your kitchen and give your kitchen some decoration. You can also put flowers on the counter of your kitchen to brighten it up a little bit. If you're going to be using the vase for flowers make sure to go with a lighter color such as white or green. Make sure that when placing a cloisonne enamel vases in your kitchen that you put it in a safe area. People are more likely to break things in the kitchen and you don't want to lose your beautiful piece of art.
If you have a book shelf that needs a bit more pizazz, then a cloisonne enamel vase is perfect for you. You can put rocks or heavy objects in the vase to give it a greater weight and stability. Then you can use the vase as a book stopper. It's the perfect way to bring some color and decoration to (what are usually) dull bookshelves. Put some flowers into the vase to make your home office smell nicer. Find a small table and put the vase on it to add some color into your office. You can also a smaller vase to hold pens, pencils and other small office stationary you might need.
Living Room & Dining Room
You can put a vase with flowers in your living room and dining room table. You can also put empty vases strategically around the room to add a bit of color and texture to the rooms. Cloisonne enamel vases are extremely decorative so they are best placed on a white backdrop.
With these tips cloisonne enamel vases can be used in almost every part of your home.
Sheila is an expert on all things cloisonne and runs http://www.mycrystalbridge.com - a global business based in New Jersey, US and Beijing, China. The online store is a proud supplier of Chinese cloisonne jewelry, cinnabar lacquer, snuff bottles and cloisonne enamel.
As a specialist in the field of cloisonne jewelry, My Crystal Bridge continually seeks to find the best items in China. This includes but is not limited to hair chop sticks, bracelets, bangles, necklaces, rings and earrings. In addition to cloisonne jewellery and snuff bottles, they offer cloisonne vases and plates. In fact they can source any cloisonne product and in volume at discount prices.
The name My Crystal Bridge is a symbol of providing of a business link between east and west in physical location, culture and art traditions.
So you want to decorate your home in Western style without spending a lot of money and looking like you live in a barn. You are probably asking yourself where to start. Here are a few suggestions to help you on your way to a beautifully decorated western style home.
1. Any good decorator will tell you to start with a focus or inspiration piece. That can be an architectural structure like a fireplace, a beautiful view or a special piece of art. If you have an inspiration piece in mind but are unable to purchase it right away, decorate with that piece in mind, and purchase it when you can.
2. You will first want to start with the paint color for the room. Dark colors will make a small room look smaller, so keep in mind the size of the room when choosing colors. Western color themes are typically the color of nature such as cactus greens, earthy browns, sunset reds, deep sky blues and clay yellows. Paint is the easiest, most affordable way to set the stage for western decorating throughout your home.
3. Next, start small, choose several pieces for that room that you like. If you are doing a bathroom, start with the cabinet hardware. There are cabinet knobs and hardware in Old West style with shotgun shells, antlers and barb wire or equestrian style, using conchos, western belts and other items seen in the Horse show ring. All of these items are widely available in rustic western themes, featuring sculptures, ranchscapes cowboys and other iconic symbols of western ranch life. Choose which style you like the best and gradually add some quality pieces. Soap dishes and dispensers, containers for bath items, and necessities like linens, bath mats and shower curtains can all be used to enhance the western theme. Spend the most money on the things you touch like towels, rugs and bathroom accessories to create a feeling of luxury. Hang western art work or rustic signs on large blank spaces, frame the bathroom mirror with old barn wood.
4. If you are decorating a bedroom, you may want to use a few western style photo frames and a few small knick knacks to bring a western touch to the room. Tabletops and shelves make great homes for wrought iron sculptures or small collectibles like wagon wheels, stirrups and spurs. A simple way to incorporate western decor into your home is with artwork. Framed artwork featuring traditional cowboy culture, rustic or pastoral ranch scenes or western wildlife like wolves, bears and horses can be a great addition to any western room decor. Choose a comforter set in a color you love and use that as your color inspiration. Your son loves horses and cowboys and you want to re-decorate his room. Make your inspiration piece a western comforter set, choose a color scheme for the room that compliments it and stick to it. You may want to use an accent wall to bring another color into the room. You can use many different patterns and textures but if you stick to the color scheme it all works together. Pick furniture that goes with the size of the room, don't fill a room with furniture that overpowers it. Personalize it to make is special with his/her name in rope or stenciled on a wall with other western shapes. Do you have his first cowboy boots, use them as part of the decor. Add a bookshelf with some of her favorite horse story books. Decorate the room to fit the age of the occupant.
5. To transform your living room to western decor, start with the furniture. Western furniture is usually large and bulky with overstuffed sofas and chairs. Tables can be rustic using reclaimed wood or iron. Lamps can be unique, made with horseshoes, driftwood, stirrups, spurs or anything your imagination can come up with.
Choose your color scheme and build on it, again, you can use multiple textures and fabrics as long as you stick with the color scheme. Cowhide rugs and pillows enhance the western scheme. Add character with western sculptures or items like horseshoes, stirrups and wagon wheels.
6. The kitchen is a fun place to decorate with a western accessories, there are many different western designs in kitchen decor. Drawer pulls, cabinet hardware, switch plates, towel holders, salt and pepper shakers and many other kitchen ware items that will make your kitchen a fun place to work. Do you have a hard time getting everyone to the table for dinner, get a triangle dinner bell and they will never miss another meal.
If you live in the city, consider taking a day trip to the country in search of swap meets, garage sales or check the newspapers for anyone who might have western decor for sale. Also check online for western decor items that can be purchased and shipped to your door.
When it comes to decorating with Western Home Decor, money and your imagination are the only limits you have. Your house is uniquely yours so have fun while decorating it, enjoy the process, only you will know when you are done.
Visit http://westernskyaccessories.com to see a unique selection of Western home decor and western accessories.
Visit my blog at http://blog.westernskyaccessories.com/
The beckoning entrance, the extra storage in the hall, the only way to cover up that unsightly radiator; there is only one type of table that fits all of these descriptions and more, a console table. Sleek and rectangular, half moon and feminine, full of drawers or just a table, console tables have many shapes, sizes and configurations to fit your needs and tastes.
Since console tables aren't terribly common in most furniture stores the best way to see the most variety is to shop online. You can see all the different shapes, types, material, and styles of console tables as well as if they have extras. Compare prices and find the right console table for you with ease.
Whether you are designing with a theme in mind or just starting to re-decorate a room it has never been easier to find the perfect console table for your décor. First you need to decide where you are going to put it. Do you need a table in the foyer to welcome guests with an oversized bouquet of fresh garden flowers? Do you need a table in the hall to hold linens as well as display a favorite photo from your trip to Paris? Maybe you want to cover up an old radiator in a bedroom without taking up too much space. Or perhaps you would like one to double as a buffet in the dining room as well as hold table linens and grandma's good silverware. Once you decide why you need or want a console table you can search for one that meets these needs as well as complements your existing décor. Choose a half moon or demilune table to cover up a radiator or add some curves to an angular room or hall. Some come with one or more drawers and some include a lower shelf. Try a rectangular one in the dining room or one full of drawers in the hall.
Now that you have decided what type and what shape of console table you want you can look at the finer details such as color and accents. It is easy to add a punch of refreshing color and style to a tired, dim room. Add some flair with a striped table in the living room behind your sofa. Or try some Asian allure with a black and red hand painted table in the hall. Deciding on the color and style is the fun part because you can change the whole mood of the room with one little table.
So give your entryway some "ah" or your hall some country charm with a new console table. Whether it is metal or wood, a tabletop sitting on long cabriole legs or a cabinet with storage for almost anything you'll find what you are looking for online. Console tables are often a table you don't realize you need until you have one and then you wonder how you ever survived without it. Enjoy your inviting entryway, your elegant dining room, your swanky hall or your sophisticated living room and smile. Your new console table has made your decorating dreams come true.
As an owner of many indoor and outdoor decor sites, Jennifer Akre reviews information and shares ideas on console tables, wood tables, and accessories, giving the online consumer a chance to find valuable information on console table [http://www.econsoletables.com/] or contemporary console table [http://www.econsoletables.com/]. Surround yourself with beauty and style. Click today - Shop: console tables [http://www.econsoletables.com/].
Mirrors provide a special touch in home decor by adding light and creating the illusion of space. A mirror is defined as a reflecting surface that forms an image of an object when light rays coming from that object fall on the surface.
According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, the typical mirror is a sheet of glass that is coated on its back with aluminum or silver that produces images by reflection. This type of mirror came into widespread production in Venice during the 16th century.
Here are ten tips for using mirrors in your home decor:
1. Place a mirror on an adjacent wall to an interesting picture or piece of artwork and the mirror will reflect the image and add a sense of space.
2. Hang a decorative mirror near a window in a dark room. This will allow the light to reflect off the mirror creating more natural light in the room.
3. To create the illusion of depth in a room, paint one wall in a dark, contrasting color to the other walls. Then hang a decorative mirror on the dark wall to create a sense of depth in the room.
4. Create a charming entryway by hanging up a framed mirror topped with a floral swag. This will help to create light in the entryway as well as providing a last minute check before heading out the door.
5. Expand a small dining room by placing an ornate mirror on a wall. This will make the room appear larger and brighter.
6. Place a decorative mirror opposite an attractive fireplace and mantel to reflect something interesting in the room.
7. Group and hang several mirrors of assorted sizes and shapes for an attractive wall display.
8. Add mirrors (such as mirror tiles) to the backs of bookcases to add a sense of depth.
9. In the kitchen, add mirror to the countertop's backsplash. This will reflect light while preparing food and it is easy to maintain.
10. Place a custom sized mirror on the top of a piece of furniture that is damaged or not very attractive. This can be done on dressers, tabletops, coffee tables, and end tables just to name a few.
Always be sure to analyze the placement of mirrors before hanging them up. For example, placing a mirror above a fireplace mantel may reflect the unattractive tops of furniture or blank wall space. You can angle the mirror down so that it reflects something more attractive in the room.
In addition, place mirrors so they will not cause unnecessary glare in a room. Mirrors can be unappealing if they are placed across from a window with a southern or western exposure.
As you can see, there are numerous ways to use mirrors to brighten and enrich your home decor. Decorative mirrors can be found in flea markets, retail stores, home improvement stores, and on the internet in price ranges to fit all budgets.
Lesley Dietschy is a freelance writer and the founder of http://www.HomeDecorExchange.com - The Home Decor Exchange is a valuable website full of information and resources about home and garden decorating.
In addition to editing the Home Decor Exchange website, Lesley is a crochet pattern designer and needle fiber artist. You can view her crochet patterns and needle fiber designs at: http://www.ErinOliviaDesigns.Etsy.com
When it comes to preparing and storing food, the refrigerator is one of the most important appliances in the home. It is important, however, to understand the role it plays in the safety of the food you eat, and to carefully follow proper food handling and food safety measures in order to reduce the chances of serious food borne illness.
The first step in proper food safety is to choose only the freshest and highest quality foods. The fresher the foods are the less likely they are to be contaminated with disease causing germs. It is important to keep in mind that the temperature of the average refrigerator, generally between 35 and 44 degrees Fahrenheit, will retard the growth of microorganisms. This temperature range will not, however, kill any microorganisms that may already be present in the food. That is why proper cooking techniques and cooking meats to their recommended internal temperatures is so important.
Of course it is important to make sure that the refrigerator in your home is working properly, and keeping foods at the optimal temperatures. One of the most common problems encountered with refrigerators is an improperly sealing door. A door that does not seal properly interferes with the proper functioning of the appliance, and can lead to food spoilage problems as well, since the food is not able to remain at a cold enough temperature. Placing a small refrigerator thermometer near the door of the fridge can give you advanced warning that the seal needs to be replaced.
If the fridge is more than three years old it may be a good idea to go ahead and replace the seal. The cost of this improvement is very small, and replacing the seal can end up saving you money through reduced energy costs and less food waste. A well sealed refrigerator can last longer as well.
In addition, there are other steps every homeowner can take to increase the lifespan of both the refrigerator and the food it contains. Some of these refrigerator and food saving tips include:
- Never keep the refrigerator door open longer than necessary. Have an idea of what you want before opening the door.
- Cover foods before placing them in the refrigerator, using either plastic wrap aluminum foil or an airtight container. Covering the food will help reduce the amount of light it is exposed to, which will in turn help the food last longer.
Visit Site. When it comes to preparing and storing food, the refrigerator is one of the most important appliances in the home. It is important to make sure that it is working properly, check out Phoenix Refrigerator Repair for any repair and maintenance needs.
If there is anything in our lives we want to avoid, it is piling up a large amount of clutter. Nobody likes to clean up a mess. It's better to avoid a mess in the first place. Saves you the time of having to clean it up later.
We have a habit of creating messes everywhere we go. Not only do we do it in our livings rooms and in our attics, we also do it in our fridges. There are people who buy a large cheap american fridge freezer just to solve the problem of having a big pile up in their fridges. But even with all that space, you can still create a big mess. So I want to share some tips with you to prevent this from happening in the future.
1. Grouping. It's important that you keep your vegetables in the vegetable compartment that is meant to store them. Put your wine bottles in the bottle rack. The same goes for other things such as poultry and sea food. Store everywhere where it's supposed to go.
By grouping everything together in a careful manner. There is no reason to be obsessive or compulsive to be about it, because that would be taking it too far. But group things such as beer cans and condiments together and you'll spend less time looking.
2. Food labeling. You need to start labeling your food so you know what you still have in there. Use paper labels or use a special marker for this. It doesn't matter. The most important thing is being able to see everything in a glimpse.
When using food containers such as Tupperware or Ziplocs, it's best if they are transparent. Think about it. With see through containers, you don't have to open each and every one when you are rummaging around, looking for what you need.
3. Piling up. Piling up is actually something you want to avoid. There is always the natural urge to save everything up. Don't do this, as it will lead to an excessive amount of piled up food which you will never finish anyway.
Keep this in mind the next time you are putting food in your fridge. Every time you allow many old food items to pile up, you are setting yourself up for a big mess. By avoiding the pile up of old food, you will avoid having to clean it up in the near future!
Visit the American Fridge Freezer Reviews [http://americanfridgefreezerreviews.com/] site. Read the K5920L0GB American Fridge Freezer Review [http://americanfridgefreezerreviews.com/neff-k5920l0gb-american-style-fridge-freezer-review/].
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Tami_Buchanan/570009
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3931534